Friday 24 October 2008

Words of wisdom

No, not mine, but I agree with them.

 

It is absurd to say that there are neither ruins nor curiosities in America when they have their mothers and their accents.

Oscar Wild

 

America is a country that doesn't know where it is going, but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

Peter Lawrence

 

America is one long expectoration.

Oscar Wild

 

I am willing to love all mankind, except an American.

Dr Johnson

 

It was wonderful to find America, but it would have been more wonderful to miss it.

Mark Twain

 

Sir, they are a race of convicts and ought to be grateful for anything we allow them short of hanging

Of the Americans: Boswell, Life of Johnson

 

America is the only nation in history which, miraculously, has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization.

Georges Clemenceau

 

Of course, America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up.

Oscar Wild

 

And my favourite:

Nothing good comes from America

J. Brooks

 


3 comments:

Bartek said...

It's WildE, honey! :P

Gee, and I see you still trashing that country! You're just incorrigible! lol
26 Oct.

zarazek said...

Jankesi na to zasługują, a Wildowi chyba nie przeszkadza, że źle napisałem jego nazwisko. Koleś końcu nie żyje :P
27 Oct.

Anonymous said...

I got 4+ from my English Literature exam so don't hurt me with that "Wild", please... ;) To be frank I hope that America one day will "miss" itself...
1 Nov.